Pika Wiya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation employs transport officers with unrestricted driving licence and experience with client transportation.
Pika Wiya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation does not receive specific funding for transport outside of Port Augusta. Pika Wiya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation will only consider individual requests for transportation outside of Port Augusta when all other alternatives have been exhausted.
All clients are encouraged to register with PATS online:
We provide services for:
- Clients of Pika Wiya Health service who have no other means of transport to and from their home to their appointment at our Dartmouth or Davenport Clinic.
- Renal Clients to and from the hospital and their house of residence.
- Program related transportation (e.g Specialist appointments arranged by Healthy 4 Life)
We are not able provide service for:
- Transportation to other clinics and services.
- Clients that request to be taken to anywhere other than their home or boarding address.
Premier Stateliner - Port Augusta (Mogas Roadhouse)
4 Eyre Highway
Pt Augusta South Australia 5700
Ph : 08 8642 5055
Mon to Fri - 8.30am to 5.30pm
Saturday - 9.00am to 2.00pm
Sunday - 10.30am to 5.30pm
Des's Port Augusta
Outback Taxi Service
Criteria Based Services
This service is only available to Aboriginal people over the age of 50 who suffer from a Chronic Disease.
Contact: Linley Shine 86419500
PHN / Country and Outback Health
This service requires 2 weeks advance notice and Clients are required to have a Care Plan or GP Management plan and GP Referrals for assistance. This service can provide Bus fare or a fuel voucher.
Contact: Gemma or Stephanie on 8643 5600
Lutheran Community Care - Aboriginal Visitors Support Scheme
Transport only between Port Augusta and Adelaide.
Contact: Marilyn Wilson 8269 9300 (Tuesday - Wednesday) or Michelle Busto 8269 9300 (Monday to Friday)
Port Augusta Community Transport Service
Between Port Augusta and Whyalla. Cost is $10 one way or $20 return. One week notice is required. PATS do not provide any reimbursement.